Monday, April 13, 2015

Boko Haram: ‘Terrorist sect has embarrassed Nigeria,’ Buhari says 

Buhari however denied that he had promised to rid the country of the sect in two months. 

 Image result for picture of buhari

 

President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari has said that terrorist sect, Boko Haram has humiliated Nigeria and its security agents.
Buhari however denied that he had promised to rid the country of the sect in two months.
The President-elect made the statements on Sunday, April 12, 2015 during a meeting with journalists in Daura, Katsina State, his home town.
“For six years, the Nigerian military couldn’t restore order in 14 local governments out of 774 after Barma, Liberia, Sierra Leone, where the Nigerian military earned respect internationally for their performances, to fail to secure 14 out of 774, I see that as an irreconcilable disgrace,” Buhari said.
“I think I am too experienced in internal security operations to make such a comment. I don’t think I will make that mistake because of my experiences. Even when I was in uniform with the rebels in Chad and as the GOC in Jos and the period when I was Head of State, I did not say such thing so, for me to say that I will get rid of Boko Haram in two months is not correct; I don’t think I made that comment,” he added.
“We will try and work with our neighbours such as Chad and Niger who are fighting Boko Haram for us. And we are advising Boko Haram to pack and go,” the President-elect said.
Earlier reports had it that Buhari had made the two-month vow during an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.

No comments:

Post a Comment