Thursday, March 26, 2015

Damasak Kidnap: Usman Says Story Is Fabricated 

The army has provided an official announcement on the reported kidnap of about 500 people in Damasak, Borno state. 

Image result for picture of nigerian militaryImage result for picture of nigerian military
The terrible news which broke earlier this week contained that Boko Haram abducted hundreds of Nigerian children in the border town.
Reacting to the reports, a military senior said that allies Chad and Niger were responsible for Damasak protection, based on the provisions of the memorandum of understanding (MoU).
Mike Omeri, the government spokesperson, also addressed the issue, saying that the number was lower, but he could not say exactly how many had been seized.
Now Col. Sani Usman, the acting director of army public relations, has finally spoken. The army official said that the claims about the kidnap were a total fabrication, Thisday reports.
“It is not true. Its is all lies and I don’t just want to start discrediting any news agency but this particular medium has been in the habit of dishing out false news like in more than four occasions now. Please there is no 500 people that was kidnapped.”
Controversies continue tracking the abduction saga, with more information expected on the matter.
If confirmed, the outrageous mass kidnap comes less than in a year after the tragic abduction of nearly 300 Chibok girls on April 14, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment